Sign up to get relevant news and updates regarding small business delivered to your inbox.
Grow and understand your business better with LEADING EDGE
Even if we’re experts regarding our product or service, most of us were never taught to be business owners; we were taught to be employees.
LEADING EDGE is a 12-week course designed to teach you how to start and/or grow a successful business based on an actionable business plan. The program is a combination of in-classroom sessions, interactive learning exercises, and conversations with subject experts. By the end of the course, you will understand the aspects of running a business, have a written business plan or strategy, and test your model for financial viability.
You Will Gain
- An understanding of the entrepreneurial experience and entry strategies
- Training on where to find appropriate marketing research information needed to set business goals
- Skills needed to set and meet short- and long-range goals
- An overview of the legal aspects of owning a business and dealing with employees
- How to determine target markets and reach these markets with the most effective marketing mix and to use this mix to meet financial goals
- An understanding of financial information and how it can and should be used to steer a business toward its goals and determine how to most effectively reach these goals
- How to determine exit and/or growth strategies
- Knowledge to put all this information together in a planning document that can be used to guide a business
- An opportunity to network with other small business owners and professionals
Standard Fee: $275
Each Additional Employee: $100
Please return the application below with your payment to the Business Incubator Center.