What Is It?
Even if we’re experts regarding our product or service, most of us were never taught to be business owners; we were taught to be employees.
LEADING EDGE is a 12-week course designed to teach you how to start and/or grow a successful business based on an actionable business plan. Through a blended-learning format combining classroom sessions, participate in interactive learning exercises, hear from experts and receive resources to help you start or run a business. By the end of the course, you will understand the aspects of running a business, have a written business plan or strategy and test your model for financial viability.
Fall 2019 Class Schedule
Starts: Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Ends: Tuesday, November 5, 2019
Class meets on Tuesdays from 6:00-9:00PM
What We Provide
- An understanding of the entrepreneurial experience and entry strategies
- Training on where to find appropriate marketing research information needed to set business goals
- Skills needed to set and meet short- and long-range goals
- An overview of the legal aspects of owning a business and dealing with employees
- How to determine target markets and reach these markets with the most effective marketing mix and to use this mix to meet financial goals
- An understanding of financial information and how it can and should be used to steer a business toward its goals and determine how to most effectively reach these goals
- How to determine exit and/or growth strategies
- Knowledge to put all this information together in a planning document that can be used to guide a business
- An opportunity to network with other small business owners and professionals
For more information, or to be notified when registration opens for the next LEADING EDGE session, please contact us.