What Is It?
Even if we’re experts regarding our product or service, most of us were never taught to be business owners; we were taught to be employees.
LEADING EDGE is a 12-week course (class meets once per week) designed to teach you how to start and/or grow a successful business based on an actionable business plan. The program is a combination of in-classroom sessions, interactive learning exercises, and conversations with subject experts. By the end of the course, you will understand the aspects of running a business, have a written business plan or strategy, and test your model for financial viability.
Spring 2020 Class Schedule
Starts: Wednesday, February 5, 2020
Ends: Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Class meets on Wednesdays from 6:00-9:00PM at the Business Incubator Center in Grand Junction, CO.
You Will Gain
- An understanding of the entrepreneurial experience and entry strategies
- Training on where to find appropriate marketing research information needed to set business goals
- Skills needed to set and meet short- and long-range goals
- An overview of the legal aspects of owning a business and dealing with employees
- How to determine target markets and reach these markets with the most effective marketing mix and to use this mix to meet financial goals
- An understanding of financial information and how it can and should be used to steer a business toward its goals and determine how to most effectively reach these goals
- How to determine exit and/or growth strategies
- Knowledge to put all this information together in a planning document that can be used to guide a business
- An opportunity to network with other small business owners and professionals
Standard Fee: $275
Each Additional Employee: $100
- Includes the Successful Business Plan: Secrets and Strategies workbook, the Resource Guide, 36 hours (12 sessions) of classroom time, and 3 hours of individualized consulting
Please return the application below with your payment to the Business Incubator Center.
Third-Party Scholarships Available!*
*Please note, these are third-party scholarships, which you may apply for separately. SBDC is not responsible for whether or not your scholarship is awarded.
Payment is required upon registration. Scholarships are distributed upon graduation and only if you complete the scholarship’s graduation requirements.
For more information, or to be notified when registration opens for the next LEADING EDGE session, please contact us.